BOOKINGS PRIOR TO APRIL 1, 2021 WILL NOT BE HONOURED.
RULES FOR RESIDENTS – WORKOUT ROOM AND COVID-19
The following protocols are in place for the safety and protection of all Windsor Gate residents and Nakoma Club employees. We ask for your cooperation in following the protocols so the Nakoma Club facilities can remain open for everyone’s enjoyment. The Public Health orders in place at any given time will determine the extent to which the facilities are open and the protective measures in place. Although the Nakoma Club will take measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we cannot guarantee transmission will not occur in this setting. Risk of transmission is greatest indoors, particularly when masks are not worn, and residents using the facility do so at their own risk.
Health Canada guidelines regarding personal measures for limiting the spread of COVID-19 include physical distancing, self-isolation in the presence of COVID-19 symptoms and/or after high-risk exposure, and personal hygiene such as handwashing and respiratory etiquette. We ask that residents follow these measures at all times. Residents who do not follow the protocols, or put the safety of others at risk, will be banned from using the facilities.
- Only residents of Windsor Gate may use the Nakoma Club facilities (no visitors).
- Residents may not bring another person to accompany them in the work out room unless that person also has a booking and is a resident.
- No personal trainers permitted.
- The workout room will be open with a maximum capacity of 5 people.
- Drop-ins are not permitted.
- Opening hours are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 06:00 – 14:00 and Saturday and Sunday from 12:00-20:00.
- Bookings will be made online (details to be communicated to residents by April 1st).
- Cancel bookings at least 24 hours in advance when possible.
- Residents may book the use of the facility on the hour in 45-minute blocks.
- Residents are required to provide their full legal name, address, phone number, and email at the time of booking to allow for contract tracing if necessary.
- Residents are restricted to one booking per day (exception: if there is an available opening following the booked time, on discretion of Nakoma Club employees, the resident may request to extend their booking into the next time slot. They will have to leave the gym for cleaning between bookings).
- Arrive dressed to work out as change rooms are closed.
- Complete the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Screening Tool prior to arrival https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Do not attend if any of the following apply:
- You have symptoms listed in the COVID-19 screening tool or feel generally unwell.
- You are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- You have had close contact with a person who is confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You have traveled outside Canada in the last 14 days.
- Arrive on time and no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled booking.
- Wait outside of the main entrance to Nakoma Club until an employee permits entrance.
- Maintain physical distancing from others at all times while waiting outside and allow sufficient space for people to exit when their session ends.
- An employee will open the front door and go through an arrival checklist with each resident.
- Residents must show proof of address when requested by Nakoma Club employees.
- An employee will direct residents to the workout room at the scheduled booking time.
- Entry to the building will be touchless and the door to the workout room will remain open at all times to limit touch surfaces and provide additional ventilation.
- Masks must be worn indoors at all times except when engaged in physical activity.
- Proceed directly to the workout room – all other areas of the Club are off limits (only the washroom adjacent reception will be available).
- Hand sanitizer will be available and residents are encouraged to perform hand hygiene often.
- Residents may not wear gloves as they can create a false sense of security and contribute to the spread of the virus. Frequent hand hygiene is preferred.
- Residents must use the supplied disinfectant and paper towels to clean all touch surfaces on equipment before AND after use.
*As Public Health orders and restrictions change, these protocols will be reviewed and revised.